Thursday, April 9, 2009

some people! GRRRR!

Just received a phone call from Lancaster Parks and Recreation in regards to my "Portraits in the Park" that will be held this Saturday, April 11th, 2009. Apparently a "concerned citizen" has made a complaint about this event.

During my conversation with the rep from LP&R he clarified that the event is kosher, all the details are ok and everything will go on as scheduled. (He also mentioned that he's never received any other complaints of this nature and was kind of surprised by the whole situation.....)

I"m actually, for once, at a loss for words and am completely and utterly flabbergasted by this. So, to clarify what's going to happen on Saturday.....

*my appts are PRE-BOOKED. I"m not going to be standing on the corner at Rising Park waving an "Images by Miss Mindy" flag and soliciting my services.

*the money exchange will now be made at another location and I will make sure this happens

*I will not rope off, quarentine or select a designated area to set up lights, equipment or anything else. It will be the usual "Mindy and her camera" situation.

I apologize to whomever is upset with me about this event, but this is my full-time job and I love what I do.

Thanks and have a GREAT day!

1 comment:

the Eggernest said...

F-'em! it's more than likely a local competitor, and certainly not a friend. Nice to know someone is looking out for ya, eh?? LOL.