Tuesday, February 19, 2008

So, I put 'em down....

I had been smoker for 13 years......started when I was 14. Smoked up to the day I found out I was pregnant with Gunnar....put them down during the entire pregnancy, as I was NOT going to put that on him while in my belly! Three or so weeks after I had him, I was back to being a full time smoker again...and have been ever since.

I have always loved to smoke, however, a couple weeks ago, my two-year old used a pen to act like he was smoking......:( I decided it's time to quit, so on Sunday, February 10th, 2008, I smoked my last cigarette. I'm on day 8 and am doing ok. The cravings have somewhat disappeared and I'm feeling good about it now. Some great things about NOT smoking:

- my hair, clothes, fingers and coat smell fantastic!
- I don't have to chew gum all the time
- I'm saving almost $5 a day (which will turn into close to $2,000 in a year)
- my parents are very proud of me
- Husband says he doesn't feel like he's kissing an ashtry anymore
- the kids I babysit can now look up to me because I quit

These are just some of the great things I've discovered in the past 8 days.....:) I'm sure there will be more.....I'm going to log my success here to help me with the task at hand! :):)

1 comment:

the Eggernest said...

This could be one of the best decisions of your life, it was for me! Regardless, be strong, stay true to your path, and enjoy the changes that come along with it. There are benefits that you probably didn't see coming. I am SO SO SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you, and I hope the journey is smooth for you! :) MUCH LOVE!